Tuesday, January 11, 2011

New Year, New Blog Direction

This blog started as a weekly e-mail comparing the specials at Kroger and Martins.  Martins had recently come to town and my family was temporarily living with my sister-in-laws family.  We were feeding eight of us at the time, trying to be frugal and this was a small step to take.

Up until that point, I hadn't really paid attention to trying to save money at the grocery store.  Once I started comparing prices and realizing how much more I'd been spending than I really needed to I was a little ashamed at the waste.  This led me to start investigating other resources designed to save money and to start sharing my findings via this blog.

So now I get hundreds of emails and tweets each week relating to saving money and I've been sharing them as I have time and find them interesting.  It didn't take long to realize that I am just one of many voices in a very large crowd saying largely the same thing.  It's fascinating to watch deals propagate through twitter.  While I believe each of the different sites I follow has unique and interesting content (otherwise I wouldn't follow them) the core of what most of them are saying is similar.

Going forward, instead of posting so many "me too" posts, I will be pointing out the excellent resources available from these original sources.  I'll also write about my personal shopping / saving experiences in an effort to entertain as much as educate.

Happy (belated) New Year!
George

No comments:

Post a Comment